[Translate to espanol:] To celebrate International Literacy Day on 8 September 2015, the UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning (UIL) is launching five new publications
[Translate to espanol:] The theme for the day which annually raises global awareness on literacy is Literacy and Sustainable Societies. Literacy has long been recognized as a powerful accelerator of sustainable development. At the same time, progress in areas of sustainable development such as health and agriculture serve as an enabling factor in the promotion of literacy and literate environments.
[Translate to espanol:]
- Transforming Our World – Literacy for Sustainable Development. Selected case studies from LitBase.
- Learning Families – Intergenerational Approaches to Literacy Teaching and Learning. Selected case studies from LitBase.
- RAMAA. Recherche-action sur la mesure des apprentissages des bénéficiaires des programmes d’alphabétisation – Resultat de la première phase 2011-2014.
- The Evolution and Impact of Literacy Campaigns and Programmes 2000-2014.
- Lifelong Literacy. Special issue of International Review of Education – Journal of Lifelong Learning, at the occasion of ILD 2015 and with a focus on literacy post 2015.
These are complemented by other UIL recent publications on literacy:
- Action Research to Improve Youth and Adult Literacy: Empowering Learners in a Multilingual World.
- The French translation of this volume: Recherche-action: améliorer l’alphabétisation des jeunes et des adultes – Autonomiser les apprenants dans un monde multilingue.