Aligning national, regional and global education targets: benchmarks for peer learning and accountability - a side event of the Global Education Summit: Financing GPE 2021-2025
Virtual event, Wednesday 28 July, 16:00-17:00 GMT/17:00-18:00 BST
Join the GEM Report and the UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS) for a high-level side event during the Global Education Summit on the setting of new regional benchmarks for monitoring progress towards SDG 4.
Learn from education policy makers and representatives from regional and international organizations on the latest progress to setting national and regional benchmarks, the upcoming work and its alignment with education sector plans, and the future use of benchmarks for reporting, filling data gaps, and in policy dialogue within and between regions.
- Stefania Giannini, UNESCO’s Assistant Director-General for Education
- H.E. Marie Michelle Sahondrarimalala, Minister of National Education, Republic of Madagascar
- H.E Dr. Valentine Uwamariya, Minister of Education, Republic of Rwanda
- Maaly Vorabouth, Director of Education and Sports Statistics Center & Deputy Director General of Department of Planning, Ministry of Education and Sports, Lao PDR
- Laurette Bristol, Programme Manager, Human Resource Development at the CARICOM Secretariat
- Nidhi Khattri, Lead Evaluation Officer, Global Partnership for Education
- Dankert Vedeler, Chair of the Governing Board of the UNESCO Institute for Statistics (Moderator)
- Silvia Montoya, Director of the UNESCO Institute for Statistics
- Manos Antoninis, Director, Global Education Monitoring Report
Download the presentation
Watch the live stream for this event.
Register here to attend bit.ly/benchmarkseventGPE21