A workshop entitled "National capacity-building for the preparation of projects submitted to the International Fund for Cultural Diversity UNESCO.
The Sultanate organized a workshop entitled "National capacity-building for the preparation of projects submitted to the International Fund for Cultural Diversity UNESCO". The workshop talked about the role of the Sultanate in the 2005 Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions and its role at the International Fund for Cultural Diversity.
The workshop aimed to spread awareness of the importance of the conventions that the Sultanate has joint and its role to create an effective environment for such conventions, as well as the role of the International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD) to support cultural projects. It also aimed to highlight the great role of the Sultanate after its membership in 2007. The workshop was presented by:
- Ferdinand Richard - Coordinator of the Committee of Experts of UNESCO, France, Paris.
- Bilal ALAboudi - Expert of Convention of Cultural Diversity, Tunisia.
- Khamis Abdullah Al-Shammakhi - Director General Assistant of Organizations and Cultural Relations - Ministry of Heritage and Culture.
The workshop focused on the following points:
- Protection and promotion of cultural expressions.
- Encouragement of dialogue between cultures.
- Promotion of cultural communication between nations.
- Promote respect for diversity of cultural expressions and raise awareness of it.
- Principle of respecting human rights.
- Principle of sovereignty.
- Principle of sustainable development.
- Principle of economic and cultural integration of development.
- Concept of cultural diversity:
- Concept of cultural expressions
- Concept of protection and reinforcement
1. Highlights UNESCO efforts towards states member.
2. Spread the importance of protecting and promoting the diversity of cultural expressions.
3. Highlights the role of UNESCO in the adopting and supporting cultural projects.
4. Develop and refine national competencies and direct it to submit cultural projects.
The results expected through the implementation of the measure are:
1. Existence of interested category providing cultural projects to (IFCD).
2. Understand the importance of such projects to the Sultanate.
3. Showing Sultanate's experience and its success in providing projects.
4. Increase the number of projects submitted by the Sultanate.
5. Spread awareness among community members about UNESCO's efforts to promote the cultural diversity.
6. Clarify the role of the Sultanate and the importance of its membership to the 2005 Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions
The financial support is provided by Ministry of Education.