Within the 2019-2023 11.th National Development Plan framework, a Women's Empowerment Action Plan was prepared. In this plan, policy strategies and objectives were determined in a way to include the Ministry of Family and Social Services, other ministries, public institutions and organizations, and civil society in order to achieve the targets set in the sub-headings of education, health, economy, participation in decision-making mechanisms, media.
These include policy measures on women's empowerment in the information sector and media.
Under the heading Economy,
- Strengthening vocational training and skills development opportunities to increase the employment of qualified women in the labor market
- To train a female labor force in the information sector, Women will be provided with training on databases, software, network technologies, digital marketing, computer games and applications, and information security for them to be more involved in the information sector.
- Improving women's entrepreneurship and strengthening women's economic position, especially by promoting the use of information and communication technologies
- In Technology Development Zones, studies will be carried out for women entrepreneurs, especially incubation centers.
- It will be ensured that women are prioritized in the support provided in information and communication technologies.
- A system will be established to facilitate women entrepreneurs' access to the support provided by the state.
Under the heading Participation in Decision Making Mechanisms,
- Increasing the traceability of women's representation in decision-making mechanisms and making legal and administrative arrangements to support women
- All national legislation will be reviewed in order to increase women's representation in decision-making processes.
- Studies will be performed to regularly collect and publish data disaggregated by gender at all levels of decision-making mechanisms in the public and private sectors.
Under the heading Media,
- Performing awareness-raising activities for content creators working at all levels of the media sector to improve and strengthen women's representation,
- Increasing the efficiency of regulatory and supervisory mechanisms in the media,
- Raising awareness by enabling women to use communication tools and media critically efficiently are included.
It is aimed for women to have more say in the information sector and media, both as users and entrepreneurs. Important steps have been taken to develop women's entrepreneurship and, especially to expand the use of information and communication technologies.