Use of digital environment to promote and protect cultural diversity
- Enhance access and participation of public in cultural activities and events.
- Facilitate communication between the West Bank and Gaza Strip using video conferences.
- Promotion of cultural events through social media.
- Establish the the national repository, which includes the oral heritage elements such as folk tales, songs, proverbs, customs and traditions.
- Establish digital systems for participants at a national and international level for example, photography competition.
- Create a virtual museum for popular life.
The digital environment serves protection and promotion of the diversity of cultural expressions such as: sharing, communicating, archiving and storing processes, through marketing and promotions. Consultations and workshops between cultural institutions in the West Bank and Gaza Strip have been conducted through video conference sessions due to the long lasting siege imposed on Gaza Strip.
- More opportunities to get participations of Palestinians all over the world.
- Disseminated and promoted cultural events and programs.
- Safeguarded and documented intangible heritage elements.
- Intangible heritage available to the public and researchers.
- Enhanced communications between Palestinians.
- Promoted opportunities for international cooperation.
The Ministry of Culture