Support Traditional Arts in Oman.
This policy aims to preserve Omani traditional art, revive it and protect it from contemporary art globalization considering it as a special legacy of the country. The Sultanate pays great attention to this policy through providing financial support to the folk art bands, organizing local competitions and involving them in international events.
The Ministry of Heritage and Culture is providing material support to teams of folk art, recording their products, display it in the media (print and broadcast) and organizing events and competitions on a regular basis such as "a festival of Omani song," which is held every two years. The ministry also gives an opportunity to folk groups to participate in international forums continuously to support their varied shows, encourage them to continue innovation and excellence. The Sultanate believes that creating such opportunities is very important to preserve the Omani heritage, capacity building, maintenance and transfer of culture, generate income and employment opportunities.
The main features of the measure are:
1. Encourage providing financial and moral support of Traditional Arts of Oman.
2. Highlights the Sultanate's efforts in supporting the Omani traditional arts at the local and international level.
The results expected through the implementation of the measure are:
1. Development of traditional arts.
2. Creating a aware generation of the importance of traditional arts.
3. Preserving traditional arts in the Sultanate.
4. Multi participation of Omani traditional bands in international forums.
The financial support is provided by Ministry of Heritage and Culture.