Laboratorios Sociales de Cultura y Emprendimiento (LASO) en Colombia
The LASO Project is a networked platform where young people can build collaborative networks for the creation, management and commercialization of cultural content with the purpose of making their life projects viable and thus contributing to social transformation.
The LASO project has been present in 18 municipalities throughout the country through cultural content production centers (CPCC).
It has provided training in audio production to about 4,000 young people since 2012. Through this initiative, the beneficiaries of the Project have created 494 productive units, with further participation of around 400 beneficiaries in circulation and commercial spaces such as business roundtables, festivals and cultural markets.
Its components are:
• Granting of equipment for audio production studies.
• Training in audio production.
• Construction of collaborative projects.
• Circulation in musical markets.
• Studies equipped with audio production equipment.
• Young people trained with technical skills for audio production.
• Entrepreneurship projects launched.
• Access to music markets by the beneficiaries of the project.
The resources allocated to the LASO Project come from the investment budget of the Cultural Entrepreneurship Group of the Ministry of Culture, as follows:
2012: $44.488 USD
2013: $93.638 USD
2014: $84.971 USD
2015: $89.205 USD
2016: $68.830 USD