Renewal of Cultural Fund Agreement 2013
1. To contribute to the execution and implementation of the vision and policies of MOC for the cultural sector.
2. To institutionalize Palestinian Cultural Fund (PCF) to meet the requirement of the PCF Law and to be more accountable, effective and efficient towards the Palestinian cultural institutions and artists
3. To build a monitoring system to help MOC to oversee the cultural scene through the development of a unified reporting systems and a national database.
- PCF supports projects and cultural activities in the State of Palestine.
- PCF contributes partially in the efforts to achieve cultural development goals at the national level.
- PCF takes cultural diversity into account and supports projects in different fields, such as, theater, cinema,fine arts, music, and literature.
- PCF works to create equipped cultural spaces qualified to receive cultural performances, particularly in marginalized areas.
The Fund supported, during the first and second phases, a total of 144 projects and cultural activities with over two million dollars, in all provinces from Rafah to Jenin, including the occupied Jerusalem. In the third phase, terms of reference were built:
- Strategic Plan 2014 – 2016
- Executive Plan 2014 - 2016
- Guide of Fund's operational processes with business models.
- Guide of assessment and evaluation.
At the third phase five memoranda of understanding was signed for equipping and rehabilitation of five halls as well as projects for individuals and institutions in different cultural sectors such as cinema, theater and art performances.
Palestinian Investment Fund
Results of evaluation of Palestinian Cultural Fund concluded the following:
- Continue supporting all cultural sectors and extend the list of targeted categories.
- Search for additional donors.
- Institutionalize the Cultural Fund.
- Continue targeting marginalized areas.
- Increase the number of cultural funded projects, mandatory to increase of financial support of the Fund .