The National Cultural Directorate supported and promoted the participation of Uruguay in different international fairs and markets.
Exhibition, promotion and representation of national authors, literature and illustration works in:
- International Book Fair of La Habana (2016), Uruguay participation as guest of honor country.
-International Book Fair of Andricgrad (2016), Uruguay participation as guest of honor country.
- International Fair of Infantile and Youth Book of Bologna (every year from 2016 - 2019).
- International Book Fair of Buenos Aires ( (every year from 2016- 2019).
- International Book Fair of Frankfurt (2016, 2017 and 2018).
- International Book Fair of Guadalajara ( (every year from 2016 - 2019).
- 22nd International Book Fair of LimBook Fair of Lima (2017)
- Participation in industry program of Festival Internacional de Cine de Guadalajara "Principio del Film", to promote sales of literary rights for cinematographic adaptation (2016).
- Support for the International Book Fair of Montevideo.
Exhibition, promotion and representation of musicians in:
-Latin American Music Market "Circulart", Colombia (2016 and 2017).
-South by Southwest (2016)
Sending of delegations of various creative sectors to the Cultural Industries Market of Argentina (MICA by its initials in spanish, 2016 and 2018), as well as to the South Cultural Industries Market (MICSUR by its initials in english), which took place in Bogota, Colombia (2016), in Creative Industries Market of Brazil - MicBr (2018) and Mercado CHEC Chile .
Exhibition, promotion and circulation of artists and artworks from performing arts:
-Organization of Uruguayan Theatre week in Teatro Espanol, Madrid.
- Santiago a Mil Festival
-Fair dFeria in San Sebastian
-Sala de parto Festival in Peru
-International Festival of Performing Arts of Bahia
- Cultural Market MAPAS in Tenerife - Spain
-FOCUS Rennes - France
-Tanzmess Dusseldorf International Dance Fair, in Germany
- Ribadavia Festival (Spain)
-Merida Festival (Spain)
-Performing Arts Market of Seoul (PAMS).
-Destinos Festival-Chicago Latino Theatre Alliance (CLATA)
Visual and illustration arts, music, books and publishing:
In 2018 - 206 Uruguayan artistic and creative goods were supported and promoted by the National Cultural Directorate to their internationalization by their participation in 8 international fairs and markets.
In 2019 - 100 uruguayan artistic and creative goods were supported and promoted by the National Cultural Directorate to their internationalization by their participation in 9 international fairs and markets.
Source: Cultural Information System (SIC) recollected data 2018-2019 for the formulation of cultural indicators from various work areas of the National Cultural Directorate (music, books, visual arts and organization of micbr delegation).
Information processed by National Institute of Performing Arts in their report for the period 2015-2018: https://www.gub.uy/ministerio-educacion-cultura/sites/ministerio-educaci...
|Name of partner||Type of entity|
Uruguay XXI Agency for Internationalization
Uruguayan Book Camera
Departamental Government of Montevideo
General Association of Authors of Uruguay
Civil Society Organization (CSO)
Uruguayan Design Camera
NO, but it has been monitored by the Cultural Information System (SIC) recollected data for the formulation of cultural indicators.