The Plastics Art Federation is composed of different artists grouped in unions of Painters, Illustrators, Sculptors, Handicraftsmen and Sellers of works and art products. Created in 2016, the Federation acquired the legal status in 2020. The major aim is to advocate for its members for a better treatment and ensure their development.
- With the support of the empowering bodies in July 2020, Rwanda Plastic Arts union members obtained the legal personality.
- From 2016, some activities in line with our objectives have been done by our members.
1. ArtRwanda Ubuhanzi:
- Among judges of the competition of talent detection known as Art Rwanda Ubuhanzi, five were from Rwanda Plastic arts (September 8, 2018 until December 22, 2018).
- Various artists are actively participating in the research event of talented artists across the territory.
- Plastic artists selected are 12 people.
2. Biennial exhibition, Senegal:
The 13th edition of the Dakar Biennal took place from May 3 to June 2, 2018, a flagship event of the cultural agenda of Africa and its Diaspora. In addition, the International Exhibition entitled "A New Humanity" includes seventy-five (75) artists from thirty-three (33) countries of the world including RWANDA had a delegation of 12 painters and sculptors.
3. Expo JUA KALI, Kigali:
The 20th edition of the annual East African Community Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) Fair, officially known as the Exhibition Jua Kali / Nguvu Kazi, was launched on Monday December 16, 2019 at the Gikondo Expo Grounds in Kigali.
The exhibition, held since 1999, aims to promote micro, small and medium-sized enterprises officially known as the JuaKali / Nguvu Kazi sector of the regional economy.
Plastic artists, craftsmen, handymen and other designers participated in large numbers to show their skills and market works of art and handicrafts.
4. Art Exhibition in JAMAFEST, Tanzania:
The 4th edition of the East African Community Arts and Culture Festival, popularly known as JAMAFEST. The Festival took place from September 21 to 28, 2019 in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. A delegation from Rwanda was awarded a winner's cup.