Out-of-School Culture education programs for youths on Saturday(Saturday cultural School for Children)
Kkumdarak Saturday Culture School for Children
Kkumdarak Saturday Culture School for Children operates cultural and arts programs on Saturdays, which children, adolescents and their families can take part in. The objective is to foster cultural and artistic capacities of families and to help create an environment in which peer groups and family members interact and enjoy leisure activities.
This project is to run high-quality cultural and arts programs. First, it offers weekend cultural and arts learning programs at local cultural and arts institutions and organizations for children, adolescents and families. Second, it supports the programs affiliated with public libraries, museum and galleries, or content-based programs such as family choirs and orchestras, or art education programs that instruct on ways to appreciate art. Third, it supports networking among education program operators and relevant organizations, while conducting monitoring and consulting services with experts.
▪ It is expected to encourage interactions among family members, children and adolescents, as well as help create a sound and healthy leisure culture.
▪ 18,520,143 dollar (as of 2016)
▪ Local community-run programs (funded by current subsidies from municipalities): 8,952,551 dollar (about 400 programs)
▪ Operation of the programs chosen in open competition (subsidies for civil projects): 9,567,592 dollar (214 programs)
▪ Above all, the project grew in quantity: the budget for project, participants and programs increased. It maintained a high level of participants’ satisfaction.