1) Awareness campaign about career prospects in the field of Cinema.
2) The development of capacity building programme in the field of Cinema.
3) The organization of Intercollege short-film competitions on a regular basis.
1) More than 100 school leavers have been trained in 3 fields of Cinema (Camera, Sound/ Light, Directing) under the National Skills Development Programme (NSDP).
2) The launch of the BA (Hons) in Cinema run by University of Technology, Mauritius (UTM).
3) Workshops organized by different visiting guests in Mauritius.
4) Practical Training in Graphic Design run by MFDC for a whole class of 2nd year students (25) from the University of Mauritius.
5) Over 180 short-films have been produced during the 4 editions of the Intercollege Short-Film Competition.
|Name of partner||Type of entity|
University of Mauritius (UOM), University of Technology, Mauritius (UTM), Human Resources Development Council (HRDC).
The cinematographic field is not a traditional sector thus generating a curiosity in the youngsters who have suggested a repeat on the different workshop training.
Cinematography is not common in Mauritius, therefore, this new programme has created an encouragement among our youth. Studying the film industry is allowing students gain practical experience and build their CVs, as well as having a great opportunity to sample a profession. The course not only consists of the traditional programme but also introduces new fields such as drone operation, make-up artist and special effect make-up artist, costume designer, set designer and so on. With this non-usual experience, with sophisticated technology and an ability to analyse their own work, they are able to graduate as a highly employable individual.