The action plan includes the government's policies and measures to be implemented in the field of culture and arts. Plans to improve the legal environment for the arts and culture sector in 2016-2020, reforming the policy, funding, and management of arts and culture development, keeping national and classical arts and nomadic civilizations under state protection, increasing people's access to cultural services, and to create cultural tourism, products, and services to promote Mongolian national culture and art abroad, and to develop Mongolian content.
By implementing the Government Action Plan:
- To improve the legal environment of the sector, the Law on Culture was revised and the accompanying Law on Museums and the Law on Cinema were revised and submitted to the Parliament.
- Besides, the National Program for Classical Arts III, Human Resource Development Program for Culture and Arts, the programs on Creative Cultural Industry, Mongolian Content, and the Stone Cultural Heritage has been newly developed.
- Every year, we provide financial support for the production of historical films, major TV and stage plays, and literary works aimed at developing national pride and patriotism.
- The establishment of the Arts and Culture Support Fund provides an opportunity to support civil society organizations and artists to make products and services in the cultural sector with creativity in mind. Procedures are being developed for the establishment of a new Fund for Supporting Cinematography.
- In order to bring the national culture and art to a new level, in addition to the National Natural Museum, National Art Theater, Chinggis Khaan Museum, National Library Complex, the construction of historical tourism complexes in provinces have been started.
|Name of partner||Type of entity|
Ministry of Culture
Culture and Arts Authority Implementing Agency of the Government of Mongolia