Film co-production agreements
Bilateral film co-production agreements facilitate and encourage co-productions between the film industries of the respective countries.
New Zealand first began negotiating film co-production agreements in the mid 1980s. New Zealand currently has 13 bilateral film co-production agreements or arrangements in force with:
- Australia (1986, revised 1994),
- Canada (1987),
- France (1987),
- United Kingdom (1993),
- Italy (1997, revised 2004),
- Singapore (2004),
- Germany (2005),
- Ireland (2007),
- Spain (2008),
- Korea (2008) (for feature films only),
- China (2010) (for feature films only),
- India and South Africa (2011).
New Zealand also has two non-binding co-operative arrangements for audio-visual industry co-operation, with the Republic of Korea (2005) and Hong Kong (2010).