Events of Oman Centre for Traditional Music.
Hereinafter the most important activities undertaken by Oman Centre for Traditional Music relevant to (2014-2015):
Firstly: Cultural activities and events of the center for 2014.
First forum for Arab historians’ musicians was held in 15 -18 December 2014, entitled: “Towards a new reading in the history of Arabic music”. The forum was attended by the elite of the music scholars from Oman and most of the Arab countries. The forum discussed 23 researches dealt with musical themes, a variety of historical and analytical orientation.
Secondly: cultural activities and events of the center for 2015.
- Printed and audio versions:
- The book entitled "The Illustrated Guide, Omani traditional music styles, its equipment and their performance occasions". This book includes comprehensive accounting Omani traditional musical styles, its machinery and occasions. It highlights the diversity of Omani musical expression in the various provinces of the Sultanate.
- Research book of the first forum for Arab musicians and historians entitled “Toward a new reading in the history of Arabic music". The version includes the full researches presented by Arab musicians and historians which highlight an important aspect of cultural diversity in the Arab and Omani music as well.
- Compact disc (CD) with booklet explains its contents (scientific and artistic analysis) entitled: “From The Traditional Oman Songs”. This version has singled out the documentation for the three traditional musical styles considered as Oman's traditional songs and aesthetic characteristics icons. Namely: (Bozlv and Sheh Shah,).
- (515) records of Oman old music (discs + cassettes) were collected, documented and annexed to the audio-visual documentation library.
- Organize a competition of improvisation skills in poetry, singing and performing Heptagon. This competetion takes place in the most important geographical and social environment of it which are: Batinah south coastal + Khaboura. The aim of this competition is to protect the endangered traditional musical art of (Heptagon)
The main features of the measure are:
1. Review the ancient history of Arab music heritage.
2. Displays the most important studies that have been made in the field of Omani music and kinds.
3. Highlights the Sultanate's efforts in the field of preservation traditional Omani music.
4. Maintains authentic Omani musical art.
The results expected through the implementation of the measure are:
1. Preserving the heritage music of Oman.
2. Delivering Omani heritage to international forums to enable Omani artist.
3. Transfering the Omani music for future generations.
4. Preserving the Omani diverse musical style.
5. Preservation and documentation of traditional Omani music especially endangered.
The financial support is provided by Diwan of Royal Court.