The artists union has the following objectives
1. To organize and unionize all persons in the art industry at different levels.
2. Protect intellectual property of all artists
3. Advocate and lobby for implementation and adherence of copy right law
4. Promote art works of all forms at all levels.
5. Strategize for collective bargaining in the art industry.
6. Do any other activity that promotes, protects, and strengthens the art industry for development
of all artists and allied workers.
The union has managed to get a union certificate from the Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social
Development under Registration Number LU- 41 in the names of National Union of Creative,
Performing Artists and Allied workers from the former name of National Union of Theatrical,
Entertainment, Art, Culture, Craft Manufacturers and Allied Workers.
The union has a representative at the National Organization of Trade Union (NOTU) which is
the National Labour Center. The representative represents informal economy workers.
The union also has representation at the regional level in the country that is workers councilors at
the district level in Bushenyi district & Oyam district.