ESTABLISHMENT OF THE CREATIVE ECONOMY AGENCY (BADAN EKONOMI KREATIF - BEKRAF)
Creative Economy Agency
Objetivos clave de la medida:
One of the strategic motors in developing cultural industries is through the creative economy. The government believes that providing a special mandate to a specific agency in a non-ministerial form will enable better growth and strength of creative industries, through support in the development of the national creative economy ecosystem. As a result, the Creative Economy Agency (CEA) was established through the Government Regulation No. 72 of 2015 on Amendments to the Government Regulation No. 6 of 2015 on the CEA:
- to cultivate, move, increase, and optimize various points of marketing for national creative products and services both domestically and abroad;
- to facilitate funding access for national creative industries to sources of funds and foster growth of new alternative sources of funds, and facilitate research and education development on the national creative economy; and
- to develop public awareness and appreciation for intellectual property rights and optimize financial benefit for intellectual property rights holders, harmonization of regulations, strong cooperation as well as to create synergy across institutions and regions, optimize infrastructures, based on trustworthy governmental management that is transparent, effective, and democratic.
Alcance de la medida:
Naturaleza de la medida:
Característica principal de la medida:
The CEA has the role, duty, and function to:
- assist the President in devising, enacting, coordinating, and synchronizing policies in the field of the creative economy, even though it is positioned under the Ministry of Tourism;
- implement policy, provide technical assistance, and supervise, with authority similar to a ministry;
- enact the President Regulation on Coordination of Ministries and Agencies in the Development of the Creative Economy;
- develop the Creative Economy Index (Indeks Ekonomi Kreatif - IDX) to facilitate funding access for national creative industries to sources of funds and foster growth of new alternative sources of funds;
- develop an advocacy campaign for intellectual property rights to optimize financial benefit for rights holders;
- develop a Creative Economy Information System to facilitate research and education development on the national creative economy;
- develop a marketing platform, both from government to government and from government to businesses, to cultivate, increase, and optimize various marketing channels for national creative products and services both domestically and abroad; and
- build necessary infrastructure for the development of the creative industries as well as small and medium enterprises in Indonesia.
Resultados esperados a través de la implementación de la medida:
In general, the target by 2019 is:
- 12% growth in the share of the creative economy in Gross Domestic Product;
- total workforce absorption of 13 million people; and
- 10% contribution to gross export/foreign exchange.
Recursos financieros asignados para implementar la medida:
State Budget, in the sum of about USD 85,000,000 (approximated currency conversion from Indonesian Rupiah), broken down into sums for:
- research, education, and development, USD 16,400,000;
- access to funding, USD 12,600,000;
- infrastructure, USD 8,500,000;
- facilitation for intellectual property rights and regulations, USD 12,700,000;
- institutional and regional relations, USD 7,600,000; and
- management and other technical support, USD 8,800,000.
Ámbito(s) de Seguimiento