Draft cultural policies and laws developed in conformity to the sustainable development policy
The following documents were developed in conformity to the sustainable development policy and they were approved and adopted by the Body of Legislature and are implemented into the practice. These are:
- “The Regional Development Policy Guidelines of Mongolia” adopted by a Resolution no. 57 of the State Ikh Hural (Parliament) of Mongolia in 2001;
- “The Comprehensive Policy on the National Development of Mongolia based on the Millennium Development Goals” adopted by a Resolution no. 12 of the State Ikh Hural (Parliament) of Mongolia on 31st January, 2008;
- “The Policy Guidelines on the National Security” adopted by a Resolution no. 48 of the State Ikh Hural (Parliament) of Mongolia on 15th July, 2010;
The following draft policy, draft laws, and draft programmes were developed and prepared to be adopted by the State Ikh Hural (Parliament) of Mongolia in 2012.
- Draft on State Policy on Culture;
- Draft Law on Culture;
- Draft Law on Safeguarding of Cultural Heritage;
- Draft Master Plan on Development of Mongolia’s Culture and Arts /2012-2022/;
- Draft Programme on Rural Development /2012-2022/.
Since being incorporated into this Programme, Mongolia fully acknowledges that the backbone of the sustainable development in a new century is the close and coherent balance resulting from the economic, social, cultural, and environmental relations and, as result, Mongolia has been actively taking a part in the related events, meetings and seminars organized by the UN and the international organizations with respect to issues on overcoming the common obstacles distracting the balance of those relations.