Culture Week Celebrations
National Arts Council of Zimbabwe
Objetivos clave de la medida:
- To promote cultural diversity by showcasing different types of cultural expression
- To encourage inclusive, equitable and vibrant participation by communities in the arts , culture and heritage sectors
- To create employment for producers of creative goods
- To promote and preserve Zimbabwean culture and identity
- To inculcate values of tolerance and intercultural dialogue
- To bring together diverse arts and cultural activities of the sub-region and other parts of the world for public consumption.
- To instil pride in local cultures while depicting Zimbabwe's varied unhu/ubuntu as well as cultivate in us a sense of belonging.
- To promote cultural practices and improve understanding and cooperation among people from different cultures.
- To provide an opportunity for the people in Zimbabwe to appreciate the diversity of the arts and cultures of the world.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and views between artists and other cultural workers within the sub-region, African continent and the world.
- Emphasise the need for preservation, appreciation and promotion of all arts and cultural initiatives.
- To improve understanding and cooperation among people from different cultures.
Alcance de la medida:
Naturaleza de la medida:
Característica principal de la medida:
The week long Culture Week programme provides an opportunity for people to deepen their understanding of cultural diversity. A National Launch heralds the beginning of Culture Week. The National Launch is done in provinces on a rotational basis. The programme will be having a theme which is crafted annually. The theme revolves around issues to with cultural diversity. Provinces throughout the country will be having their own provincial launches as well as other activities in the districts.
Resultados esperados a través de la implementación de la medida:
- The adoption of strategies, which will yield public appreciation, participation and consumption of our diverse arts and culture products.’
- Increased appreciation and understanding of the Zimbabwean culture
- Preservation of the Zimbabwe cultural norms and values
Recursos financieros asignados para implementar la medida:
Culture Week The financial resources vary on an annual basis. In some instances the Culture Week gets support for the parent ministry but in most instances the NACZ funds
Ámbito(s) de Seguimiento