The important features of the measure are the following:
- To conduct studies describing Kinyarwanda structure and write books;
- To collect oral traditions all over the country and put them into written form;
- To organize meeting and training with stakeholders to prepare joint actions;
- To sensitize all of the parties to efficiently and correctly use Kinyarwanda;
- International Mother Language Day is celebrated every year on February 21, together with other countries members of UNESCO. This year 2020 it was the 17th time celebration as it has been celebrated since 2002. Only in 2005 and 2007 the Day was not celebrated.
- Competitions on writing in Kinyarwanda in secondary schools all over the country resulted in good products of written literature;
- Ikinyarwanda kinoze award has been rewarding the best journalists in using Kinyarwanda correctly in their shows or presentations.
- Books written on Kinyarwanda grammar, learning Kinyarwanda, Terminography, the correct use of Kinyarwanda and Amahigi (hunters' songs in oral literary genre) were produced.