PAC (Audiences and Communities) is a program implemented by the DNFC that emerged from the Ibero-American meetings for the education and development of cultural audiences, which started in 2017. The initiative fosters reflection and specialization around the develop-ment of audiences as one of the great challenges of contemporary cultural policy, under-standing the cultural process and its link with audiences as an area for potential construction of meaning and social relations between individuals. From this perspective, a set of confer-ences, seminars and professionalization tools have been developed.
The types of entities engaged in the implementation of the policy / measure correspond to the public sector, the private sector and NGOs."
Two Ibero-American meetings (2017 and 2018)
26 specialists from Ibero-America
25 experiences with local experts
1 specialized publication (Shared Links; OEI, Organization of Ibero-American States - Secretariat of Culture of Argentina 2019)
|Name of partner||Type of entity|
Recoleta Cultural Center Konex Cultural Center OEI (Organization of Ibero-American States) / Library of Congress Institutions, organizations and sector projects.
Among the future challenges for the program, the following ones have been proposed:
- Develop a federal audience plan that puts into practice the topics and tools developed during its implementation;
- Work in the development of audience plans and programs, together with organizations and cul-tural projects at the federal level;
- Complement the current perspective of the PACs with political, territorial and federal dimen-sions;
- Include proposals for the promotion and incentive of cultural consumption to accompany stimulating the supply side;
- Boost spaces for creative development by the audiences themselves;
- Incorporate the PACs perspective in the conception and development of federal cultural policies.