"Within the framework of Turkey's international development cooperation activities, there are 5 goals under the aim of "implementing the international development cooperation activities of Turkey in the most effective way" determined in line with the mission of realizing sustainable projects and activities that will support the economic, social and human development processes of the countries and carry our common historical and cultural heritage to the future. These are;
Objective 1.1: Developing development cooperation in Central Asia and the Caucasus
Objective 1.2: Developing development cooperation in the Balkans and Eastern Europe
Objective 1.3: Developing development cooperation in the Middle East and Africa
Objective 1.4: Developing development cooperation in East and South Asia, the Pacific, and Latin America
Objective 1.5: Developing development cooperation through external relations and partnerships
In addition, the Presidency 2020 Annual Programme includes the following measures regarding the cultural and cultural cooperation that TIKA is responsible for;
• Determination and inventory studies for the protection of Turkey's immovable cultural heritage at home and abroad will continue, and the data obtained will be transferred to the digital environment.
• The support provided for organizations operating in the field of cultural diplomacy abroad will be increased, and the administrative capacities of these organizations will be improved.
- Restoration of a total of 17 historical monuments was performed in 2020, and the number of cultural facilities built, equipped or renewed is 29.
- The number of supported cultural organizations is 30 in 2020 and the printing and distribution of more than 30 works in total over 40 thousand were supported.
- With the restored works, the destruction of the common heritage has been prevented, cultural ties have been increased and each work has been turned into a tourist attraction, contributing to sustainable economic life.
- The revitalization of social life in the relevant regions was strengthened with cultural facilities built, equipped and renewed by TİKA.
- Organizations that will increase the awareness of cultural ties and cultural industries have been supported.
- Cultural sharing between societies has been increased and the protection of intangible cultural assets has been supported with the publications promoted.
- Examples of projects carried out by TIKA in 2020 are as follows:
- • Restoration of Sultan Ali Dinar's House in Sudan
- • Restoration of Abdulkadir Geylani Mausoleum in Iraq
- • Arrangement of Chisinau Art Street in Moldova
- • Restoration of Mina Hamidiye Mosque in Lebanon
- • Repair of Höşöö Tsaydam Museum in Mongolia
- • Renovation of Cappadocia Performing Arts Centre in Mexico
- • Keda Cultural Centre Renovation in Georgia
- • Rug Weaving Training in Autonomous Region of Gagauzia in Moldova
- • Restoration of Hâce Abdullah Ensari Çilehane in Afghanistan
- • Equipment Assistance to National Heritage Conservation and Restoration Centre in Venezuela