1. Promotion of creative cultural production through indigenous arts, and crafts.
2. Assign sufficient funding for museums, archives, art galleries, libraries and full research on identified monuments. The preservation of, access to and engagement in heritage should be ensured by such institutions.
3. Promote the production of feature films, television and radio programmes and the support of design, performing and visual arts organisations and festivals throughout Lesotho.
4. Include a comprehensive collection of policy statements, legislation, infrastructures, programmes, services and other tools in specific cultural fields.
5. Involve inter-ministerial co-operation and public-private partnership consultations.
6. Support cultural creativities and expressions by national subsidies to artists, community organisations and festivals.
7. Enhance economic sustainability of the cultural industries through support programmes, tax benefits and domestic regulation.
8. Mould cultural expression and inclusion; creation of Lesotho content and performance excellence, sustainability of cultural expression and participation, preservation of Lesotho's heritage, and access and participation in cultural life. Promote intercultural understanding, community development and capacity-building, and participation in community life.
Infrastructure development in the form of the NUL Innovation Hub, Vodacom Innovation Hub, The Hub at Morija, PISA centres nationwide, Morija Arts centre, museums, information centres, Copyright society, as well as various empowerment programs.
Trainings and workshops undertaken by the Ministry of Tourism, Environment and Culture (MTEC)
* The Creative Industrial Empowerment Project (CIEP) initiated in 2015 created international markets for crafts and has had 25 beneficiaries (CCI companies) thus far.
* 45 companies were trained under this program, with 20 of them already exporting their products
* 2 Arts, Culture and Innovation Festivals in the past 5 years
* 4 internationals expos in the past 5 years,
* 30 flea markets and exhibitions in the past 5 years
* cultural exchange programs
*The Ministry of Development Planning has established an investment lab where CCI has been given the opportunity to take part.
*The Arts, Culture and Innovation Festival spending by the government was over M500, 000.00
*Mantsopa festival; film screenings, performing arts, poetry, icon awards, creating a database of literary works
*20 performing artists have been sent to China and India (government spend M300, 000.00 per 2 years) for skills development and cultural exchange programs.
* Chinese troops have visited Lesotho to offer vocational training in the creative sector over the past 9 years, with an annual budget of M50, 000.00.
* The ministry contributed M250,000 per year for 4 years to the Morija Arts and Cultural Festival
It is difficult to say as this data was not immediately available in an organised manner.
|Name of partner||Type of entity|
Morija Museum and Archives
Civil Society Organization (CSO)
Lesotho Communications Authority