Government of Timor-Leste, has implemented the measure on programming cultural content through the Radio and Television of Timor-Leste (RTTL, EP) channel as a public broadcaster. The related programs on this measure are as follow;
1. Programa Eransa (Heritage Program);
2. Programa Badain (Handcraft Program); and
3. Palku Muzikal (Music Program);
Program Eransa is one of the RTTL's program on promoting and disseminating cultural heritages through the transmission of activities related to the Cultural Diversity, such as; Cultural practice and rituals, traditional sacred house building ceremonies and many other cultural events in accordance to the tradition of each ethnic group. Besides, promoting the diversity of cultural expression also plays an important role in this program to national and international level.
Program Badain is one of the RTTL's programs on promoting and disseminating the cultural and creative industry groups, where their creativity products are reflecting the traditional characters. The transmission of this program also aims to raise the society awareness about the importance in developing and promoting the diversity of cultural expression. Another TV show program is Palku Muzikal that provides opportunity to the Timorese musician to perform and holding music concert. The program has the objective to promote and enhance the artistic creativity.
In general, measure on programming cultural content are recognized to contribute toward the following National Strategies for cultural development (Details; Goal 1 National Strategy and Frameworks for Development of Cultural and Creative Sectors):
1. establish the National Library and Museum to be operated simultaneously as a repository and a dynamic hub for the various cultural aspects with expression in Timor-Leste;
2. establish Regional Cultural Centers in each municipality to highlight Timorese music, art and dance and to serve as cultural foci within each region;
3. disseminate and promote cultural heritage;
4. produce cultural content to integrate into the school curriculum at various levels of formal and non-formal education;
5. create cultural mappings and inventorying system to disseminate available cultural information;
6. support cultural initiatives from individuals and private entities; and
7. creation of two other institutions of a cultural nature: The Academy of Music and the Academy of Fine Arts.
Reported achievements include;
1. major part of community is aware on their cultural heritage as well as the diversity of cultural expression; and
2. several local artists are motivated to continuously promote the diversity of Timorese music.
|Name of partner||Type of entity|
State Secretary for Social Communication
State Secretary for Art and Culture
State Secretary for Youth and Sport