1. Promotion of Culture and Creative Industries in the Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism Plan (2011-2016) and the five-year action plan (2016-2020) of the Departments under Cultural Section
To continue the protection, preservation, rehabilitation and enrichment the tradition and national cultural heritage value towards the sustainable development and civilization; at the same time to accept the other cultural values of the humanity in order to be internationally integrated. In addition, the plans also aim to build a modern cultural industry in order to contribute to the socio-economic sustainability.
Specifically to promote the cultural and creative industries, the following objects were identified:
- To build-up professional associations, research institutes, awards for the cultural sectors;
- To encourage the productions of the cultural and creative products of all sectors so they can be of high quality standards, rich and diverse;
- To develop a cultural and creative industries database as a way to monitor its growth; and
- To encourage exhibitions and showcases for disseminating cultural products, targeting 10 events within the country and 3 events aboard.
Referring to the Culture Strategy of the Report, in order to achieve the main objectives of improving and developing cultural products to be more diverse and good quality towards the cultural industry in the future, there shall be:
- produce diverse cultural products
- broaden and promote cultural product markets domestically and internationally in order to reinforce cultural sector by gradually increasing the income for its self-reliance
- promote the cultural expression and support the cultural creativity of the local wisdoms and knowledge
- to further nurture One District One Cultural Product scheme
Referring to the Cultural Section of the Strategy, in order to achieve the main objectives of disseminating cultural products domestically and internationally at the same time to have preventive measures of any negative influence on the society and stability of the nation, there shall be;
- dissemination of national culture through various media means domestically and internationally;
- participation in and organization of the exhibitions of the publishing materials, paintings, sculptures, films, VDOs and other cultural products domestically and internationally;
- together with the local communities and private sector to organize local cultural festivals, traditional ceremonies and events;
- encourage an organization of many exhibitions, showcases, disseminating cultural products at least 10 times in country, and at least 3 times aboard.
Cultural and creative industries become a stronger sector that can contribute to the national socio-economic development.
approximately 700,000 US$ (2016-2020) covering all the relevant sectors information, culture and tourism.
There has been annual internal evaluation on the implementation of the plan