The project aims to strengthen cultural policies at the municipal level by identifying emerging cultural expressions in Asunción and formulating operational guidelines for the elaboration of cultural policies that promote the sustainable development of the city.
The Directorate-General of Culture of the Asunción Municipality is responsible for the development and promotion of cultural policies that improve the living conditions of its citizens.
- The cultural expressions of Asunción’s youth are mapped
- Operational guidelines for the development of cultural policies at the municipal level are formulated
- Mapping the various emerging cultural expressions of Asunción’s youth through public meetings and the development of a research tool that identifies market behavior along the cultural value chain
- Formulating operational guidelines for the development of cultural policies at the municipal level, on the basis of five workshops, two panel discussions and the results of the mapping exercise
- Contributes to the formulation and implementation of local cultural policies to promote new cultural expressions
- Reinforces institutional structures and capacities by training municipal officers to successfully implement the strategy and policies that will be devised on the basis of the operational guidelines resulting from the project
- Increases the participation of vulnerable social groups, with a particular emphasis on young artists and professionals, in the formulation and implementation of cultural policies as a means of understanding and meeting their needs.