Ethiopian Dance Art Association – EDAA, a non-governmental and non-profit professional organization committed to the development of dance, proposes to: 1) raise awareness of the social value and economic contribution of dance in Ethiopia; 2) empower dancers to participate in inclusive policy making.
- Conducting a study on the state of the dance sector in seven regions in Ethiopia.
- Production of videos on the different types of dance in the country.
- Development of a website to promote the dance sector in Ethiopia.
- Organization of workshops and a national conference to foster networks development and advocate for the social and economic rights of dancers.
- Carrying out workshops to raise awareness and promote better representation of women in the dance sector.
- Contribute to capacity-building in connection with creation, production and distribution – With data obtained through the national study and the various networking activities, the project will identify capacity building needs to promote the professionalization of dancers. The project will also provide increased opportunities for dancers outside of Addis Ababa to create, produce and share their expertise.
- Reinforce the role of civil society in the development and implementation of cultural policy – Outreach activities and workshops will enable dancers to engage in dialogue with relevant national authorities in order to advocate for cultural policy reform and to address gender equality issues within the field.