Istanbul Foundation for Culture and Arts - IKSV, a non-governmental and non-profit organization focusing on art promotion, proposes to: 1) strengthen the capacity of the public sector and of civil society organizations; 2) foster civil society participation in decision-making, especially in small and medium scales cities.
- Conducting an online survey to identify the current needs of the creative sector.
- Development and implementation of a training programme in policy-making, cultural management, communication and participatory mechanisms for cultural professionals, local authorities’ representatives and civil society.
- Development of an online platform to disseminate the training progamme and foster network creation.
- Presentation of a report with concrete recommendations to relevant authorities.
- Strengthens the capacity of cultural professional and of the public sector in cultural policy – The project will identify the needs of all stakeholders in order to ensure a sustainable cultural policy in the capital and beyond. Training will be provided and a platform will be created to strengthen the capacities of public authorities and cultural professionals.
- Strengthens the role of civil society in the implementation of cultural policy – The project will reinforce dialogue between public authorities and civil society organizations. Through meetings, civil society organizations will be involved in the decision-making process and will be able to share their priorities, thereby ensuring the development of a sustainable cultural policy.