Creative Georgia, a public institution, proposes to: 1) conduct a research and mapping exercise to measure the social and economic impact of cultural and creative industries (CCIs) in order to inform the development of an evidence-based policy; 2) raise awareness on CCIs and their economic dimension; 3) elaborate medium-term state strategy and action plan for CCIs, identifying the fiscal, legislative and/or policy measures required for their development.
- Conducting a research on the economic contribution of CCIs in Georgia to identifyits challenges and needs.
- Conducting a desk review of the current legislative, fiscal and policy frameworks of CCIs in Georgia.
- Publishing a report with the results of the research and desk review.
- Carrying out an awareness raising campaign about the potential of the CCIS, including videos of success stories and a booklet.
- Development of a medium term strategy to promote the CCIs though multi-stakeholder consultation meetings.
- Development of a 2-year Action Plan, based on the medium term strategy including specific measures aimed to boost the creative industries.
- Presentation of the strategy and the 2-year action plan to relevant stakeholders.
- Contributes to a sustainable system of cultural policy in Georgia – The project has been designed to provide data on the social and economic value of CCIs in order to review the current legal framework. To implement those measures and policies, a strategic document and action plan will be presented to the relevant authority for adoption.
- Strengthens the role of civil society in the implementation of Georgia’s cultural policy – Throughout the project, consultations with civil society will be organized in order to develop an evidence-based policy that will answer the needs of the people it will impact.