H. H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai launched UAE Centennial Plan 2071. It is a long-term, full-vision plan that extends for 5 decades after 2021. It forms a long-term roadmap for the government work. The UAE Centennial 2071 is based on four pillars as follows:
* Future-focused government: The objectives of the government under UAE Centennial 2071 include establishing the government of the UAE as a government with a long-term vision that anticipates and prepares for the future. Other objectives include achieving happiness in society and spreading positive messages internally and to the world and developing mechanisms for monitoring long-term variables in various sectors.
* Excellent education: Regarding education, UAE Centennial 2071 highlights the importance of excellent quality of education. Certain areas of focus in education include advanced technology, innovation and others. Other educational measures include teaching students, mechanisms for discovering their individual talents early. On the institutional level, educational institutions are encouraged to be incubators of entrepreneurship and innovation and to be international research centers.
* A diversified knowledge economy: The UAE's economy is aimed to be competitive and vibrant. This can be achieved by increasing productivity of national economy, support of national companies, investment in scientific research and promising sectors, focus on innovation, entrepreneurship and advanced industries, development of a national strategy to shape the future of the UAE's economy and industry, and strengthen the UAE's economy. Knowledge economy can be achieved by a generation of UAE inventors.
* A happy and cohesive society: Community development is an integral part of UAE Centennial 2071. Some objectives in this regard include establishing a secure, tolerant, cohesive and ethical society that embraces happiness and a positive lifestyle and a high quality of life. The pillar also focuses on developing programs to prepare future generations to serve as the UAE's goodwill ambassadors, as well as promoting women's participation in all sectors, making the UAE one of the best places to live in.
Programs of the UAE Centennial 2071 includes:
* Diversifying imports and exports
* Investing in education focusing on advanced technology
* Building Emirati values and ethics for the future generations
* Raising productivity of the national economy
* Enhancing society's cohesion
Culture is one of the main sectors that will contribute to the delivery of the UAE's Centennial 2071. All cultural legislation, policies, and strategies have been aligned with the UAE Centennial.
All cultural legislation, policies, and strategies have been aligned with the UAE Centennial.