Policy for Entrepreneurship and Cultural Industries
To promote and strengthen cultural industries and entrepreneurship in Colombia through policy initiatives that contribute to the consolidation of all links in the production chain of this sector, within a framework of competitiveness and innovation for job creation and development.
Training for entrepreneurship: Implementing training and accompaniment processes in cultural entrepreneurship to develop the productive potential of each of the links in the value chain of the cultural industries, and their cross-sector activities Create and manage funding sources: The Cultural Entrepreneurship Group seeks to expand the funding for cultural entrepreneurship projects and cultural industries which promote and develop the use of new technologies in the different activities of the value chain. This is done through the creation and management of new lines of financing for cultural entrepreneurs Promote the dissemination of and access to cultural products and services: Designing platforms to stimulate the national and international dissemination of expressions and goods and services produced by cultural entrepreneurship, along with an internationalization strategy that allows the development of alliances between cultural entrepreneurship processes and cultural industries Foster institutional coordination: Promoting the coordination of agents, organizations, companies and institutions that are part of the ecosystem of cultural industries with the policies of economic and social development carried out by the State, to generate economic growth and social development in the regions, through: innovation, competitiveness and creation of spaces of work and exchange of experiences that will foster the appearance of networks between the projects of the cultural industries and those of cultural entrepreneurship in the country Generate research and knowledge for entrepreneurship and cultural industries: Producing information and knowledge on the economic and social impact and on the performance and problems of entrepreneurship and the different sectors of the cultural industries in the country, with the objective of providing input for the formulation of public policies that aim at strengthening cultural and social processes, and their productivity, at a national and local level
1. To position cultural industries as a sector that contributes significantly to the country's GDP, job creation and exports.
2. To position cultural industries as a profit-generating sector and a channel for both public and private investment, infrastructure improvement and the implementation of free zones for the activities of the different subsectors of culture.
3. To make the cultural sector a strategic axis of the sustainable and competitive development of our country, while raising its quality to the highest international standards.
4. To promote the generation of knowledge and research for efficient public policy decision-making.
5. To foster a business mentality within the artistic sector for the creation of cultural industries.
6. To improve education and investment in the new technologies to generate novel business models that make cultural entrepreneurship a profitable activity.
7. To articulate the policies of the Ministry of Culture with other public policies.
8. To consolidate a circulation and market development policy.
9. To participate constantly in the debate on the use of copyright versus the use of new technologies.
10. To consolidate a networked cultural entrepreneurship policy and program for the regions.
The following investment resources of the Cultural Entrepreneurship Group have been allocated annually for the implementation of this initiative: