As it relates to 2005 Convention,
* It covers all areas of arts and culture including those within the purview of the 2005 Convention.
* It established an Endowment Fund for Culture
* Introduced a registration and licensing regime for artists and cultural activities
* It introduced a local content law for airing of Gambian Music
1. Passing of a Copyright Regulation 2018 and the establishment of the Collecting Society of the Gambia (CSG).
2. Establishment of the Artistic Associations- Music, Film, Theatre, Fashion, Visual Arts, Writers, Book Publishers, Models and Photographers.
3. Creative business enterprise training, mentoring and funding support programme established to focus on youth development
4. Introduction of 70 percent local content in radio and TV stations throughout the country
About USD 388, 000 annual budget for NCAC but not possible to disaggregate by policy
|Name of partner||Type of entity|
UNESCO / National Commission for UNESCO
Ministry of Tourism and Culture
Gerdel Henkel Foundation
Sites of Conscience
* Remit was widened to include administration of copyright
* The organogram was restructured from a Division to a Directorate system
* A special Directorate was created to manage the 2005 Convention domain