The Ras Al Khaimah Department of Economic Development has implemented measures targeting vulnerable groups to encourage the creation of digital content and support fair renumeration. Licenses are issued:
* To low-income youth to encourage them to produce media content that can be published in the digital environment and serve as a source of income.
* For the establishment of electronic bookstores based out of home that enable selling books through e-platforms.
* To enable youth to work with major companies through virtual spaces. With the license, youth can engage in web design, smart application development and management of advertising content.
* To enables merchants to sell cultural products both locally and internationally through websites and smart applications.
The Department has waived fees associated with obtaining home-based commercial licenses for senior citizens, people of determination (persons with disabilities) and households with incarcerated family members.
* In 2019, 38 home media licenses were issued to low-income youth.
* In 2019, 3 licenses were issued for the establishment of electronic bookstores based in homes.