Taking into consideration that the artistic form of contemporary circus is becoming increasingly widespread in Austria, the Federal Ministry for Arts, Culture, the Civil Service and Sport, established a separate funding scheme for contemporary circus in 2016. It was implemented following the objectives to,
* support innovative, contemporary, and experimental projects of high quality in the area of contemporary circus
* raise awareness for contemporary circus as a performing art in the general public as well as within artistic communities
* increase artistic competence, the quality, and the international reputation of Austrian artists in this sector.
* establishment of an advisory body for Contemporary Circus
* 32 productions and projects have been supported since the implementation of the measure, e.g. the projects DOT & LINE by Sebastian Berger and Fallhohe by Arne Manott/Elina Lautamaki
EUR 200,000 / USD 217,420/ annually