CINEMA Co-production agreements
Since the 2013, the Cinema Division of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and activities and tourism, invested several co-development funds in the international cinema co-productions in order to increase them and promote the cultural sharing of knowledge and ideas. The co-development funds are co-financed by the state ratified the agreements which foreseen a proper evaluation bilateral commission. In particular:
- in the 2013, there has been signed an agreement with the CNC ( Centre national du cinéma et de l'image animée);
- in the 2014, there has been signed an agreement with the FFA (Filmforderungsanstalt);
- in the 2015, there has been signed an agreement with the CMF (Canada Media Fund);
- in the 2015, there has been signed an agreement with the Cinema Agency of the Republic of Macedonia.
The intentions of the cinema coproduction agreemeents is based on the promotion of the international cultural cooperation and innovative audiovisual market. The co-development funds support the production of films, short films, documentaries and audiovisual products (not serial) for both the TV and the Web.
The measure aims at the development of the cultural and creative expression as well as at the consolidation of the audiovisual sector at national and international levels encouraging the cultural industries and the young creators.
According to each international agreement already mentioned above, there were established the following co-development funds :
- 500.000 Euro whithin the agreement Italy-France;
- 100.000 Euro whithin the agreement Italy-Germany;
- 150.000 Euro whithin the agreement Italy-Canada.