Awareness forum for craft industries
The first awareness forum for Craft Industries organized by the Public Authority for Craft Industries in 2012 under the slogan "Our Crafts Our Identity" with the participation of a number of Omani craftsmen.The forum included recreational and educational activities as well as providing literal shows about the stages of processing and producing crafts. The forum came as means to attract attention on the importance of crafts, establish a culture of demand for local craft industries among the junior generation and introduce craft heritage and its importance to the public in order to raise awareness about the national crafts.
The main features of the measure are:
.1. Highlights the importance of craft industries in the concept of cultural diversity.
2. Spread awareness about the importance of craft industries.
3. Linking the craft and the identity of Omani people.
4. Helps to show craft industries throughout the ages and its role to transfer traditional and cultural life for future generations.
the results expected through the implementation of the measure are:
1. Increase the category of young people who are interested in the Omani craft industries.
2. Create creative craftsmen producing craft industries and its decoration.
3. Compete creative craftsman.
4. Maintain the craft from extinction.
5. Encourage young people to continue craft industries field.
Public Authority for Craft Industries provides financial support.